STD Education & Treatment
Purpose: To provide confidential Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) counseling and testing services for high risk population groups.
HIV counseling and testing is available to all Very High Risk and High Risk individuals:
An individual at Very High Risk for HIV infection is someone who (within the past six months) has one or more of the following:
• Had unprotected sex with a person who is living with HIV
• Had unprotected sex in exchange for money or drugs
• Had multiple (greater than 5) or anonymous unprotected sex or needle-sharing partners
• Been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease
An individual at High Risk for HIV infection has one or more of the following:
• Had unprotected sex
• Shared injecting equipment in a high-prevalence setting*
• Had sex with a person who is living with HIV
* A high-prevalence setting is a geographic location or community with an HIV seroprevalence greater than or equal to one percent.
We provide confidential testing and treatment for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Syphilis. Hepatitis screening and vaccination is available through the Adult Hepatitis Immunization Project.
Ask to speak to a nurse when calling for these services.